I’ve recently been obsessed with fixing old frames and restyling them since I realised I have old and ugly unused frames laying around.
I have so far restyled 2 frames and this one is the Victorian style frame.
Look at how ugly the before looks x.x
- Bronze acrylic paint
- Different sized brushes
- A sponge brush for even application
- Lamination paper [optional (the frame’s glass was lost so I had to improvise xD)]
Mini cuddled with the paint bottle and slept to show support to my work and also show that she doesn’t give two hoots if I need to use the paint xD
I miss her so much …. RIP Mini ❤
Anyway, back to the diy. I used the the sponge brush to paint the surface of the frame which you’ll need to cover with two coats btw and the brush to paint the sides and gaps of the frame.
After it’s completely dried, I started with sketching the picture I want. I already knew what I wanted and luckily I knew where to find the silhouette of the lady, which was in the frame section in Afterlight app.
You can draw it like I did or trace of your computer like my sister likes to do xD or just print it but don’t forget to alter the size of the image to make it fit in your frame !
You can paint it with acrylic or gouache colour which would be better than what I did which was fill it in with a black marker. The reason why its better to paint it is because pens and markers will waste a lot of time and will leave streak marks so its better to avoid that. I then just cut out a piece of lamination paper to cover the paper. This is really important if your frame’s glass is lost because it protects your pictures or drawings from getting ruined!
More pictures (=^_^=)
So pretty, right?
I’ve recently ordered the 88 color palette – cool matte eyeshadow from bh cosmetics and that’s probably the only thing good to happen to me since 2015 😮
I love makeup, but problem is that brands here in Egypt are either the really expensive ones like Chanel, Dior and Lancôme or drugstore types that are hard to find because they’re most of the time sold out, at least that’s what happens to me XD. I find a product, go home and read about it then go back to search for it only to find it finished. Happened to me with Essence’s concealer palette.
Anyway, so I found this page on fb that sells bh cosmetics and decided to make an order.
Even though it suppose to be a matte palette, there are some shimmery eyeshadows. I’d say from about 30-40 colours are shimmery. The colours are pretty pigmented though which is good but also kinda scary for me since eyeshadows seem to show easily on my skin, its like my pores produce eyeshadow primer wahahahaha.
1. Add a gold eyeshadow all over the lids, especially pack it on the tear ducts.
2. Highlight the brow bone with white eyeshadow.
3. Apply a dark brown eyeshadow on your outer V and blend well and slightly bring it down on the lower lash line.
4. Using a dark red eyeshadow apply it in a ball shape on the outer corner of your lids. This contrast green eyes to make it more vivid.
5. I skipped eyeliner and went straight to mascara only on my upper lashes. I used L’oreal’s Miss Manga mascara.
6. For the lips, I used Darling Pink matte lipstick from H&M on the centre of my lips and spread it out with my finger and then used Clarins’ Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01.
What do you think ? ^_^
Also on a makeup related subject
I really like my lips in this picture xD
I had on The Body Shop’s pink lip stain in gradient effect and and topped by Clarins lip gloss ^_^